Link to Facebook
In 2013 the Hanover Rotary Club hosted a GSE Team from Scotland, The leader of that Team was Ian Dow. Ian has just informed us that he has been honored as a recipient of the Rotary International In Great Britain and Ireland's Champion's of Change award. Congratulations to Ian for his fine work in Gambia!!
Aberdeen Rotarian honoured for his community work
Rotarian, Ian Dow, has been honoured with Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland’s Champions of Change award for his outstanding work in helping the community.
Ian was chosen to receive the award after playing a key role in his Rotary club’s Education in The Gambia project for a school in Ghana Town ; a small fishing village in Gambia which Ian has visited several times over the past three years to oversee the project. Ian’s club has raised over £9,000, which has provided teacher training, a new classroom, toilets and educational equipment.
- The 2013-14 Annual Report is now available on the Rotary website at www.Rotary.org search for "The 2013-14 Annual Report"
- In this report your will learn:
- Thru the Global Polio Eradication Initiative the cases of Polio in 2013 were just over 400, reduced from 350,000 in 1988.
- Polio remains active in only 3 countries--Nigeria, Afghanistan & Pakistan.
- Contributions to the Annual Fund set a new record at $116.6 million, plus $23.7 million to the Endowment fund.
- How Rotary spent your dues.
- 92% of Foundation funds raised went directly to programs.
- Be sure to register your membership on the Rotary website, then you can view your personal contribution status.